Working for Nottinghamshire County Council
All our staff are employed by Nottinghamshire County Council.
Information on vacancies can be found following the link below:
Deputy head - permanent and full time L9-L13
Are you an exceptional leader ready for your next challenge?
The Deputy Head Teacher role at High Oakham Primary School is designed for an energetic and dynamic candidate who can innovate and inspire the whole school community in our bid to take the school on to the next level.
This is an excellent opportunity for:
• A competent and strategic leader with a proven track record of school improvement, passionate about raising the quality of teaching, learning and assessment;
• An outstanding and dynamic teacher who inspires by example, putting teaching and learning first;
• A passionate and caring practitioner with high expectations of achievement and dedication to maintaining a safe, inclusive and nurturing environment which reflects the school commitment to safeguarding and equality;
• A strategic thinker, excited about and effective in managing change who will work alongside the Head Teacher to provide, challenge and support in managing rapid improvement for our children;
• A leader of learning who is committed to raising standards and to ensuring that all children achieve their full potential.
• A manager and team leader who possesses excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills.
• A professional, able to work in partnership with parents, carers, staff, governors and the community.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is passionate about providing high quality leadership and developing these skills further
• Is able to develop effective partnerships with staff, governors, parents and the wider community in order to help shape the future direction of the school
• Is aspirational for both our school and themselves
• Is able to think reflectively and creatively
• Is passionate about children and education, is able to inspire, nurture and motivate and who has a desire for improving life opportunities for children
• Is an outstanding role model on all levels, a team player, an excellent communicator and networker
• Has experience of leading teaching and learning across the whole school
• Has taught across the primary phase but with specific focus on Key Stage 2
• Has a clear and comprehensive knowledge of primary assessment and can a play a lead role in raising achievement through assessment-led strategies
• Has a great sense of humour, is personable and is willing to ‘muck in’
- A lively and exciting place to work in a great location;
- A professional, friendly and dedicated team of staff and supportive Governors;
- Children who want to come to school with parents who want to work closely with us to drive improvement
A good sense of humour and an appreciation of life and respectful, positive connections are really important to us – do you have these?
Visits to the school during this current situation will be held within our health and safety measures and outside of school hours – please get in touch to find out more. Please contact the school office on 01623 461313 to make an appointment or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is at 12.00 noon on Thursday, 21st January 2021, shortlisting on 21st January with a provisional date for interviews set for Thursday 28th and Friday 29th January 2021. All applications must be sent to email@example.com
Please click 'recruitment documents' below, for an application pack.
• We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks.
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.
For more information on the above posts and to access the application documents, please see the 'Recruitment documents' section below or click here.
We need midday supervisors to support and work with our wonderfully behaved children at lunchtime. Do you have a hobby that you can incorporate into this role? Drawing? Sewing? Gardening? Sports? Contact the office by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us on: 01623 461313 or click here for our job specification and application form or click on the link at the bottom of the page named 'recruitment documents'.
Volunteering at High Oakham Primary School
We are always looking for volunteers to come and help out at school. If you think that you have something to offer our school, do not hesitate to contact the school office via this website or by emailing: email@example.com
or phone us on: 01623 461313
We would love some help with gardening, making/organising resources, playing alongside the children, reading with the children, sewing, artwork, sports clubs and other activities with the children.
You will be given some paperwork to complete and then invited in for an informal discussion with the Headteacher about what you can offer us. Once agreed, the relevant safeguarding checks will be completed and a meeting arranged to complete a health and safety and safeguarding induction with an introduction to our school and it's policies and procedures and then begin volunteering with us.