Transition timeline for Year 6 children going to Brunts
The Brunts Academy - Transition Key dates for parents 2020-2021
Primary school information and meetings
• Brunts staff have meetings with all Primary schools to discuss new students (17/05/2021 onwards)
• Mr Charity/Miss Duffy visit Primary Schools to meet year 6 students* (7/06/2021 onwards) *Please Note – where there are only 1 or 2 students coming from a school, meetings will take place virtually.
• Official welcome pack from the Brunts Academy with key information about the school such as uniform, expectations, tutor for next year plus lots more (w/c - 21/06/2021)
• Reading packs (w/c - 21/06/2021) Virtual transition Our Official virtual transition programme will go live on the school website on 28/05/2021 and content being added will include the following:
• Welcome from the Principal
• Welcome from Head of Year 7
• Welcome videos from all the Year 7 Tutors
• Subject videos giving information on different subject areas
• Virtual tour of the school by Mr Charity
• Full range of other information about the Brunts Academy relating to Uniform, expectations, map of the school, attendance, enrichment opportunities etc.
Live events will be taking place and links will be sent through to parents via email address provided on your application form.
• Welcome Evening with presentations from the Principal and Head of Year 7 (21/06/2021)
• First Tutor welcome meeting with year 7 Tutors virtually meeting their new Tutees (5/07/2021)
• Second Tutor meeting with year 7 Tutors virtually meeting their new Tutees (12/07/2021)
Visit to the academy
We hope to be able to offer a one day visit to the academy (9/07/2021 TBC) subject to Covid restrictions at the time. For any queries during the transition process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org